When the Earth Shakes
Hold on tight! Get ready for earthquakes and tsunamis! Jump on the Quake Karaoke platform and match an earthquake seismogram! Build your structure, set it on a “beach,” and launch a wave in the 16-ft Tsunami Tank! Then replay the impact in slow-mo and improve your design. Complete Puzzled Earth, the plate tectonic puzzle, before time runs out and the pieces fall! Spin through geologic time to make Earth’s continents move and re-form. Be an engineer as you design and build structures to withstand earthquakes on the Shake Table. Find out what engineers do to keep our world safer…When the Earth Shakes!
- Build a structure, then make waves crash on a "beach" in the 16 ft. "Tsunami Tank"! Replay the impact in slo-mo using a spin browser, then improve your design to withstand more powerful waves!
- Jump, jump, JUMP on a platform to match an historic seismogram in "Quake Karaoke"!
- Complete "Puzzled Earth," the plate tectonic puzzle, before time runs out and the pieces fall!
- Spin through geologic history to see continents move and re-form!
- See a real-time display showing the hundreds of earthquakes that have occurred over the past two weeks worldwide.
- Watch fast-paced videos of real engineers working to make our world safer.
- Be an earthquake engineer as you design and build structures to withstand earthquakes on the "Shake Table."
Designed for a family audience.
Science & Technology
Primarily Consists of:
$19,500 + 1 truck inbound shipping (includes technician for set-up)
1,200-1,400 sq. ft.
Electricity; Insurance Value: $1,000,000; Deposit.
- Minnesota Discovery Museum, Chisholm, MN
- Gateway Science Museum, Chico, CA
- McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center, Concord, NH
- Center for Earth & Space Science Education, Tyler, TX
- The Science Zone, Casper, WY
- Long Island Children's Museum, Garden City, NY
- Catawba Science Center, Hickory, NC
- American Airlines Museum, Fort Worth, TX
601 First St.
Ithaca, NY, 14850