Explore the victory gardening movement in this traveling exhibit. *V for Vegetables* is a plug-and-play, bilingual exhibition featuring inspirational artworks celebrating the capacity of the everyday citizen to support their community (and themselves) in times of strife.
Victory gardens—vegetable gardens designed to produce food instead of flowers—originated with wartime food efforts but continue to flourish through home gardens, farmers markets and more. Explore the history of the victory gardening movement through seed catalogs from Denver Botanic Gardens' special collections, vintage posters and historical videos demonstrating the significance and scale of the victory garden effort. Offer your visitors a fun and relevant exhibit showcasing the delicious (and healthy) bounty that can be grown at home with an exhibition curated and organized by the Gardens.
* 25 framed works including framed historical poster and seed catalog reproductions, and vintage ads and recipes. Object list available upon request.
* Introductory panel and object labels in both English and Spanish.
* Press kit including sample press release, three high-resolution images for press use and accompanying image credits.
Available for an additional Fee:
* Historic film clips, both live-action and animation, formatted in a ready-to-show digital file.
* Curator-led docent training
* Denver Botanic Gardens