With technological advancements, such as motion sensing and audio developments, our video gaming experience has evolved significantly from the first PONG to the photo-realistic, immersive games of today. This exhibition looks at what shapes the player's experience and explores how innovations have transformed the way we interact with computer technology. This highly interactive exhibition is a sensory experience that engages visitors in multiple ways. Through carefully chosen video games and systems, and unique interactive platforms, visitors get to "live" the video game evolution. Highlights include: - Discover technologies and innovations that have allowed game creators to revolutionize storylines, graphics, gameplay and audio. - Explore over 70 of the most influential games that have transformed the gaming scene. - Examine original concept art, storyboards and level designs developed by video game creators. - Be immersed in iconic video game music and sounds, and learn how they have altered the gaming experience. - Interact with over 15 significant video games, including Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros., Tetris and Angry Birds.
Minimum ceiling height of 10 ft (3.04 m), Electricity, Internet.
- Western Development Museum - Saskatoon, SK
- Sherbrooke Nature and Science Museum - Sherbrooke, QC
- Canada Science and Technology Museum - Ottawa, ON
- Discovery Centre - Halifax, NS
- Telus World of Science Vancouver - Vancouver, BC
- Air Zoo, Kalamazoo, MI
- Pacific National Exhibition, Vancouver, BC
- Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, Fort Collins, CO